Sunday, June 11, 2006

What else would he do on a Sunday?

My son...
My son is going...
My son is going to...
Church!
Church, people!

Holy hell! I mean, oh my God! I mean, by golly! My son is going to church with a friend of his from school. Their family invited him to go along today for "bring a friend" day at their Baptist church. And he was so excited to be going.

Now, this is not the first time he has set foot in a church. My kids both attended preschool at a Presbyterian church. They attended Chapel every Monday. So he is not totally unschooled in the ways of worship and the teachings of the Bible. (Not totally, but pretty much so.) But we have not attended church on a Sunday as a family - ever. So I'm a little nervous for him.

I'm so proud of my big guy though. He went with little T. and his family with no problem. He's excited, and I'm excited for him. I hope he enjoys himself.

And he looked so dapper in his church-going clothes!


(My husband and daughter went golfing. They are such heathens.) (Joke, people, just a joke.)

(I've been left all alone in the house for an hour or so. I have been commanded to take a nap. But I'm all giddy with the freedom and cannot make myself fall asleep. That, and it's too quiet.)

No comments: