Monday, June 19, 2006

Ice cream for sore backsides.


Yesterday we bought bicycles.

For. Real. Bicycles!

(We bought them at Target. I feel like I need to say that so you know that we are not seriously planning on becoming those road-warrior-bike types. No, we're much more the leisurely-ride type. And those are the kind of bikes you buy at Target.)

I hadn't been on a bicycle for a very long time. And to be honest with you, I wasn't sure I wouldn't just fall right off of the thing. But, like they say, you never forget how to ride a bike. Also, you never forget how fun it is. Remember? The wind in your hair (except, now you are supposed to wear helmets all the time) and the feeling of coasting down hill - ahhhh.

But what I have never experienced before is the sore rear end. And I would have guessed I had plenty of padding back there - but it seems that the soreness of your behind is not directly related to how much padding you have back there, but more to how long it has been since you've been on a bicycle. Also, how old you are. That being the case, I am too sore to ride again for a day or so. (But! I have plenty of ibuprofen and some ice cream - ice cream will make anything feel better.)

No comments: