Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Rainy mornings can be so peaceful.


To my husband who says I never write anything positive on my blog: Maybe you're just reading it in a negative way? And did you not see doggies?? And also, I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband. (I'm grinning because, ha, I got you there! How can I not be positive when I say something like that?)

--------------------

I'm enjoying my morning. It's raining cats and dogs out here - remnants of a tropical storm that has been downgraded to a depression. You would think I would be depressed about so much rain, and I might be later on. Right now, however, I'm feeling rather cozy. I've drank 2 cups of coffee, ate some oatmeal, and am now spending quality time with my computer and my beloved Internet. *contented sigh*

The kids are just in hang-out mode also. They spent a good 45 minutes playing together nicely. That could be a record. There was Foo Fighters blasting in my son's room and GI Joe playing going on. It warms my heart when they actually play together and no one gets hurt. *another contented sigh*

The kids I babysit are not here yet. The baby is sick with some mysterious ailment (poor, poor little guy) and their mom is spending the morning home with him. The 3 year old is heading over soon, though. I'm hoping all is going to continue to go well for the rest of the day. It all hinges on a 3 year old and his moods. You may need to pray for me.

I guess I better start thinking about getting my two children into something besides their pajamas. But then again, I may let them hang out in them all morning. Or all day.

--------------------

(See how boring my posts are, dear hubby, when I just write positive things? Wouldn't it be much more interesting if I was ranting and raving about various things that bug me? Or things that have gone wrong? Isn't the train-wreck much more interesting? No?)

No comments: