Tuesday, June 06, 2006

To do list.

Things I should be doing today:
  • Washing clothes. Because a family of four cannot exist without having to do laundry on at least an every-other-day schedule. If the clothes do not get washed, someone is going to be wearing socks that do not match, or underwear that is a size too small and causes the wearer to constantly tug on the wedgie that will not go away. And I know what you're saying, buy more socks and underwear, but I can honestly tell you that it does not matter how many pairs we own, they will all be dirty/have holes in them in a matter of days.
  • Putting away books. Now that may seem like an odd sort of thing to you. But I just received a big order from Scholastic Books from my son's school (that I am pressured to buy because it is for the class.) And also, I have several paperbacks lying around. However, I have run out of places to put the books, so I have to find somewhere new to shove them. (Maybe the empty underwear and socks drawers?)
  • Mopping the floor. Oh, this one, this one is waaay past due. But with the kids running around it never fails that one will run into the kitchen and hit a wet spot with their socks and slide to their death across the floor. Or just get a wet sock and whine about it.
  • Dusting. Yeah, this one is waaay past due too. I'm thinking that when the kids leave graffiti on the end table, it means it is time to bite the bullet and just do it.
  • Answering email. Um, yeah, if you're one of those people that haven't heard from me in a while, I'm sorry. I'm busy. Sometimes. And sometimes I'm just tired. And sometimes I'm just easily distracted and when I sit down to write email I also check out People to see the latest gossip and then I never get around to email. Because, oh my goodness, did you know that Olivia Newton-John's missing boyfriend has been spotted? I mean, people, this is important stuff!
  • And now, the last thing I should be doing: Cleaning up the mess my daughter made in the kitchen with scissors and napkins while I typed this entry. She made snowflakes. And there are tiny bits of paper napkins all over the floor, the table, and sticking to her clothes.

I think I'll start with that last item. Because the baby is due to wake up any second, and I really don't want to pick napkin out of a baby's mouth. Babies... they do not like for you to pick anything out of their mouths. They only want you to put your fingers in their mouths when they can bite down on them with their razor sharp teeth and then giggle nonstop while you try to remove your fingers from the jaws of death. Seriously.

No comments: