Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Eating well.


I've been asked how my 'healthy eating' is going. And it's, well, going, um, okay, I guess. I feel like I need to clarify the 'healthy eating' thing. I'm not really eating nuts and berries, or non-fat, preservative-free fare. More like, I'm trying to eat a little better and not eat as much junk. (Notice I said as much junk, not no junk at all.)

And that part is going well. I still have quite a sweet tooth, but I've managed to keep from eating sweets morning, noon and night. Also, we've cut back on our trips to McDonalds and other fast food establishments. Instead, we stocked up on hotdogs and ramen noodles for those night we don't have enough time to cook. And while that's not healthy food by any means, it certainly is a little better for you than a Big Mac and large fries. I also baked two chickens on Monday, and we're heating up chicken as needed.

On a totally unrelated side note, anyone want a chicken sandwich? I've got a little bit of extra chicken here and I'm getting a little sick of eating chicken for lunch and chicken for dinner and chicken in between. (How many times can I work the word chicken into a sentence? A lot, apparantly.)

But I have lost 5 pounds and that makes me happy, especially since I haven't been to the gym in like 2 weeks and I'm not trying to lose weight. (My husband has lost more, but I'm not holding that against him.)

So, you know, that's how the healthy eating is going.

Now I must go because the three year old bit my son. And left big old teeth marks. And I'm writing about it after I've put an ice pack on my son's arm and the offender is in time-out (which is really pissing him off and made him try to bite me.) We're having some fun now!

No comments: