Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Test results.

After much hassle and a phone call in which I may or may not have called someone incompetent (in my defense, I didn't really mean it. I just wanted to get her to, you know, do her job,) I have finally found out what is wrong with me. A kidney stone. Which, y'all, seems to be the thing around here. I guess I didn't want to be left out.

At least, that's what they think it was. Because there seems to be a small something-or-other mineral in my bladder. I'm holding the results of my CT scan here in my hands, and it says, "The possibility of a recently passed stone within the bladder must be considered." So it's a possibility. Bah.

But here's something interesting, the results also show a "low density area in the anterior spleen." Which means I'll have to go get my spleen checked out. Because while it most probably is nothing, there is that darn possibility that it could be something.

Additionally, the results say that my lung bases, liver, pancreas, adrenal glands, kidneys, abdominal wall, lumbar spine, aorta, retroperitoneal structures, and uterus are "unremarkable". What I think would sound much nicer is if they would say they are "quite remarkable indeed, and thankfully they have absolutely nothing wrong with them." Heck, I'd even like it better if they said they were just "normal". But "unremarkable" makes me feel kind of sad.

So now I've got to go back to my doctor and get my blood and urine retested to make sure I don't have any more signs or infection.

Now excuse me while I go google 'spleen' because I have no idea what in the heck that particular organ does.

3 comments:

sara said...

me either, so update us on spleen (please!)......and yes, unremarkable sounds, i don't know, strange? i'd say they are pretty darn remarkable if they are working and nothing is wrong!!! and so as far as the kidney stone....has it already passed, or do you have that to look foward to???? I NEED ANSWERS DAMMIT!!!!! ;) loveya!!!!

E said...

I still don't understand what a spleen does - I read a whole bunch of medical-sounding words and they didn't tell me much of anything except that you don't absolutely HAVE to have one. And the stone is in the bladder, and once there it shouldn't give me any more pain because the 'tube' that leads from your bladder to, well, out of your body is not as narrow as the tube that leads from you kidneys down to the bladder. So I may still have it, or it may have already passed, but either way, the painful part is done with. I hope.

sara said...

so the fever and pain from the weekend was probably when it was passing??? and man, what is in your guys water???