Monday, October 02, 2006

Extra teeth.

Sometime late last night, around the 2 AM mark, I had a beautiful blog post composed in my head. It had it all - a bit of controversy, humor and a lovely story.

Then sometime around the 7 AM mark, I forgot it. I don't even remember the general subject. Nothing.

Man, I hate it when that happens.

So instead I'm going to share with you the situation with my son's teeth. You see, he has just turned 7. And by that time most children have lost a tooth or two. But not my son. Nope. His teeth are all still sticking around, nary a wiggle.

But he is getting his permanent teeth! There is one coming up on the bottom that looks huge compared to his tiny baby teeth. And the comparison is easy because it is coming up right behind his baby teeth! Right the f*ck behind them.

I'm wondering if he's going to get a whole set of permanent teeth behind his baby teeth. Then he'll be like a shark, with several rows of teeth. I've got visions of various tooth pulling devices and orthodontia swirling in my head. I can't imagine what this is going to do to the poor boy's mouth.

We're making a dentist appointment today.

No comments: