Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Because sometimes I feel like I take a hundred steps back for every one I take forward.

So, how do you deal with problems that bring you down? (Besides, well, solving them.) How do you deal with the things that life throws at you that can't be solved, just endured? Oh heck, how do you also deal with problems that can be solved, but you just don't feel like putting forth the gargantuan effort it takes to solve them? How, I ask, how??

I deal with them by sticking my fingers in my ears and lalala-ing until the problem is not standing right in front of me, waiting to be dealt with. In short, I ignore. And ignore. And ignore.

The only problem with that tactic is that there are some things that do not solve themselves; Some things just don't get better with time and lalala-ing. And those things have a way of compounding, and then before you know it, you are shouldering a mountain's worth of problems on your very weary shoulders.

And sometimes that mountain's worth of problems will make you ache. Or it will give you a raging case of insomnia. At least, that's what happens to me. Take right now, for instance. My back is aching. (Other times it has been my head. And my wrist. And even my neck.) Also, I have been using copious amounts of Tylenol PM to get a little bit of sleep at night. And being the astute person that I am, I often don't realize I am lalala-ing my problems until my body comes forth with a new ache and I suffer from many sleepless nights.

So, you know, I have found that ignoring things is not really the way to go.

Nope, not so much.

(Who would've thought?)

What do you do? How do you keep the bad things that happen from getting to you? How do you deal with being just plain unlucky at times? I'm asking because I really don't think that Tylenol PM will be the answer to my problems for the long term.

No comments: