Friday, October 20, 2006

For. Real.

So I found myself over at mimi smartypants catching up on all the posts I've missed since I last read her hilarious writing, when I came upon a post written at the beginning of the month. I didn't even finish reading the post, because she linked to this : abstinence outlet, and I clicked my way on over there to see what the heck it was all about. I mean, with that title, who could blame me?

What did I find? A site that I truly thought was some sort of joke at first. (And, oh, what does that say about me that I thought this could only be the work of some comic genius?) But after clicking my way around the bestsellers and gift items, it slowly dawned on me that they were serious.

Seriously, people are walking around with things called, for example, the VD Mood Pencil, STD Crab and Eros Eraser. And with (my goodness) the Single Woman's Prayer Mug in their cabinets. (Don't worry, there is also a men's version.) Oh, and of course there's the bestselling Abstinence Rose Pin.

Wow.

I mean, for real?

No comments: