Tuesday, October 17, 2006

No more mornings.

Tuesdays and Thursdays have become crazy days for me. No, not mentally, although if you think I'm literally crazy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you may be on to something. No, I mean crazy as in I drive all over town and have a lot of things to do.

On Tuesday and Thursday I take the little boy I babysit to preschool. He goes for 3 hours in the morning. Why would he go to preschool when he has a perfectly good babysitter? (Yes, that would be me, and I am good, so hush.) He goes so he can experience the whole socializing thing. You know, spend three hours whining with other three year olds. Oops, I meant playing - playing with other three year olds.

During that time he's in preschool, I just have the one child with me. (Just one child is so nice; so freeing.) And since he's barely walking, I can strap him into a stroller or shopping cart and head out to get things accomplished. (I can get things accomplished!)

But throw in all the time required to feed a one year old, the time required to get all the children out of the door in the morning, a nap time or two, afternoon lessons, and way too many potty trips and all of a sudden you have a crazy, hectic day. So there it is: the reason why I haven't been posting in the mornings.

Phew. All that typing to tell you not to expect morning posts on those crazy days. I really must look into learning how to be succinct.

No comments: