Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Too hot to handle.

Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the week. I may even hazard a guess and say it's the hottest day of the year. (But I'm not positive on that one.) So what on earth am I supposed to do with 4 children?!?

I know, I know, your first thought was: TV, lots and lots of TV. But I'm not so sure if that will be the answer to my prayers today. You see, there are 3 very distinct opinions here on what we should be watching on TV. And that's not even counting my opinion, because, as the sole adult, my opinion does not matter. (And the baby can't yet tell me his opinion. But I'm sure he has strong ones.) I can't just leave the TV channel on, say, Nick or Cartoon Network without someone complaining, loudly. And frequently. And did I mention loudly? They can't even come to a consensus over a movie. Any efforts on my part to smooth the way ("We'll watch this one now, and the one you want next! Everyone gets their way! We are happy!") are met with severe resistance, even from the person who would be getting their way, because, I mean, it's not them making the decision, it's an adult. And surely any decision an adult makes is just crazy talk.

I'm also wondering exactly how long I can bear them playing "peacefully" upstairs. For while they are being "peaceful" they are also making a mess of gargantuan proportions. A mess that will be cleaned by me. (Oh, they say they cleaned, after hours of nagging, but, really, they just made a quick once-over. They know that mom will be back up there soon to get the place in order.)

And...well, crap. This entry will be continued later. Or I'll write a whole new one about how I killed one of my children and solved part of my problem completely.

No comments: