Friday, July 14, 2006

A bunch of nothing turns into something.

I just want you to know that I tried.

I tried to think of something remotely interesting or even kind of informative to tell you today, but I just couldn't. I've got nothing.

I thought I might tell you about my daughter running around last night yelling, "Pork! Pork! Pork! Pork!" and how that made me giggle like the 12 year old I really am. But I really couldn't make that into a whole story.

I also thought I might talk about how I ran out of coffee filters and tried my darndest to rinse out the used one from yesterday and use it again. Which, for those of you who may think of trying this, is a f*cking stupid idea and it ended up folded over onto itself and there were grounds in my pot of coffee. The coffee that I wanted so bad. Then I figured that story would just make you think I was a desperate woman who may be in need of an intervention. So I'll skip the details on that one too.

Also, I considered letting you know that I thought I was having an anaphylactic reaction to my antibiotic last night. I could have sworn my throat was closing. So I took some Benadryl and went to bed. (What, that's not the proper procedure when you think your airways are going to swell shut?) But it ended up just being an itchy throat. Hee hee hee. So, you know, not much of a story there either.

I guess I'll just let you know that I'm feeling better. My throat is not hurting nearly as bad. And I have a little more energy than before. Speaking of energy, I had no idea that this strep throat thing would knock me on my ass. For instance, I had to rest after cooking dinner last night. I took the kids to the postal center to check the mail, and am now feeling like I hiked the Appalachian Trail. But the good news is, I am getting better. And even more good news is that the kids are playing nicely together, which gives me a bit of a break from my job as a referee.

(Well, lookey there, I did end up telling you a little something, didn't I. No applause necessary.)

No comments: