Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Coup D'Etat

My kids are planning a coup.

I'm sure of it.

Here are the signs:
  • The massive stockpile of weapons in my son's room.
  • The sudden eagerness to do things themselves, whereas before they were more than happy to have me do everything. (Because when they are rid of me, someone will have to open the drink box straws, or *gasp* they will have to go without.)
  • My son is keeping me tired and confused by repeatedly waking me in the middle of the night.
  • My daughter is practicing keeping my attention diverted by being a total snot on most occasions. (This must mean my son will be the one to do the actual attacking.)
  • The repeated playing and singing of Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson at an ear splitting volume. (It is a mental torture device, trust me.)
  • The desire to learn to drive. (Because how else can they get to Blockbuster and Dunkin' Donuts?)
  • The statement my daughter made yesterday: "If I didn't have a mom and dad I could live my life!" Accompanied by a snotty little *hmmph*.

No comments: