Monday, February 05, 2007

The thing we shall not talk about.

Lately I've been obsessed with our family's financial outlook. And I've wanted to talk about it more in depth on here, but out of respect to my dear husband, I haven't. (See, I do think of your feelings, honey. Just maybe not as often as you'd like me too...) So I'm directing you over to Dad Gone Mad today, because he wrote a post that had me sitting here nodding my head. So go read.

---------------------------------

It was such a shock to me when I came to realize that some people who appear to 'have it all' really don't have anything. The 'all' they have is financed, borrowed, or begged. Now, I know that there are those who truly do have money for all they have (and I hate them.) (Kinda.) (Not really.) And I'm not saying I am against financing, etc... because goodness knows that would be like the pot calling the kettle black. I'm just saying that for the longest time I sat back and wondered how it was people have things and money to spare, and then when I found out that all was not necessarily how it seemed it was an Aha! moment for me. I always wondered how 'they' did it. Now I realize that some people might look at our life and wonder how we do it. And to them I say, we don't really do it all. We're struggling just like you.

Now excuse me while I go figure out how in the heck I'm supposed to get 15% of our take-home pay into a savings account. I guess we could not eat. Or cut off the cable and internet. (But I'd almost rather not eat.) Do you save 15%? If you do, how in the holy heck do you do it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you are a little intense.

You need to go to your happy place.

E said...

Intense? What do you mean INTENSE?!? I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!! I'M NOT INTENSE!!!!!