Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Otherwise known as: I got nothing to say today.

I have learned a few new things I thought I would share with you:

  • If you order a leotard for your child's dance class in September, and it isn't given to you until February, it will no longer fit. (Okay, so I knew this one. But I'm thinking her dance class teacher doesn't know this one. So I'm posting it just in case others do not know it. A public service, if you will.)
  • When you show a toddler how to sweep the kitchen with a broom, he will not stop at just the kitchen. He will sweep your walls, carpet, cabinets and even try to reach the TV with the broom, thus causing several broom related furniture knock-downs. Also, you will somehow end up with crumbs and dust bunnies all over the carpet, walls, and cabinets.
  • Dusting with a toddler helping is very self-defeating. (See previous item.)
  • When you walk into a furniture store that is having a "going out of business" sale and the prices are still several hundreds of dollars more than other furniture stores, you should just turn right around and leave. Do not go in any further. Also, do not allow children to come with you into said store.
  • Never eat something you really, really want (and wanted to be selfish with) in front of a child. This one falls under Murphy's Law. Because even if the child has never before eaten whatever it is you are eating, and even if the child has gagged at the mere smell of whatever it is you are eating, the child will want some. And then want some more. And even more. And they will eat until you don't have any left. (Poor, poor me. I mean, you. Poor you.)

It seems that life is an ever-learning thing, especially if you're out of your ever-loving mind (like I am.)

2 comments:

sara said...

are you talking about your jalepeno poppers again???? ;)

and still no luck with the shopping??

E said...

this time it wasn't the poppers, it was the spinach artichoke dip.

and, no, no luck with the shopping because I can't even bring myself to spend any money.