Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A new year already?

So... wow... it's 2007. The years keep on going on. And each passing year seems to move along more quickly than the last. I seem to remember my dad saying something (when I was young and a year seemed like forever) about the years moving along faster the older you get. I guess he was right.

I'm not going to bore you with any new year's resolutions today. (You can thank me later.) I just don't do that sort of thing. In my mind, any time you decide to finally get off your duff and do something you've either been avoiding or ignoring, well that's when you start a-fresh. No need for a new year. But that's not to say I'm getting off my duff and starting anything. Nope, then time for me is not yet. My duff is too comfy.

I'm having trouble adjusting to being back in the weekly routine of kids at school, husband at work, and me at home with someone else's kids. Not that it's all bad or anything. Nah, it's not a bad routine. It's just that I kind of figured I would come off of the week vacation feeling a little more refreshed. Maybe more enthusiastic. Instead I feel something like what you would find under your shoe after walking across a busy parking lot. Sticky and smelly and squished. I think the technical term is blech.

But I'll keep on grinning. I always do. How are you?

No comments: