Friday, March 23, 2007

TGIF (Thank Goodness It Fits)

It's Friday! I've been looking forward to this weekend for a very long time now. (All week, in fact.) And it's been a looooong week. Last weekend my husband was at his motorcycle safety class for the entire weekend, so it never really felt like we had time off together. And while I did enjoy - oh how I enjoyed it - the time with my kids, it felt strange to be out without B there too. So it's been 12 days of non-stop week around here. We're ready for a weekend!

This weekend I have to go out and buy warm weather clothing. For me and the kids, and maybe B too. The weather has suddenly turned warm, and it looks like it'll stay that way for a while now. Like until October or November. (Darn the South and it's heat!) I got the box of shorts down from the kids' closets yesterday and had them try everything on. Luckily, there were a few that still fit. Although, even those were just on the edge of being too small. And my summer clothes, well, they suck. My drawers are full of ill-fitting khaki capri pants and t-shirts with the ghosts of stains still visible. Last year I went through the summer feeling uncomfortable in my clothes, but figuring I could just get through it. This time around I think I may just fall into a big weeping pile of woman if I have to try and get through it with these same clothes. (Also, I may just be hormonal. Maybe.)

And saying that I am so worked up over clothes makes me feel like a big crybaby. A whiner. But I have discovered the power of well-fitting clothes. You feel so much better when what you are wearing something that fits, is a good color for you, and is comfortable. And I don't necessarily mean clothes that are dressy, - goodness knows I don't ever have a need to dress up for all these kids! - I just want some good shorts, something besides khaki capris, and a good pair of sandals or two. But what I hate is the amount of effort that goes into finding these good clothes. The other day when I bought a pair of pants, it tried on upwards of twenty pairs to find just one. (I totally ignored the five item rule in the fitting room. I was not going back and forth, darn it!)

Oh, but anyway, I totally got off subject. I was talking about the weekend! And how much I look forward to it! How excited I am that it's Friday! And that's really all I wanted to say. (!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally am in your boat with the clothes thing! needless to say nothing fits me right now because I'm the size of a whale (oh wonderful pregnancy!) but I said when this baby comes out I'm going to go buy some clothes that fit and look nice, not dressy, just nice. Right now everything I have is at least 3 or 4 years old (and mostly cheapy t-shirts) and comfy cotton shorts. Nothing that if very flattering. So go have fun and feel good!
Lindsey