Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday 1 - Me 0

Today has totally kicked my a**. And it's not even lunch time yet.

How does taking care of four stuffy, coughing, crabby children sound? Oh, and add diarrhea to the mix for the youngest. Sound fun? Exciting? If so, you need to get yourself on over to my house. And then I will promptly take myself far, far away from my house.

I woke up this morning in a lovely mood. We had rearranged our bedroom and it just feels better in there. It's not totally cleaned - who brought all that clutter? - and it's still kind of dusty in there. But the flow of the room is much improved. And there really is something to be said for having a room that almost looks like a real grown-up's bedroom. But it went downhill from there.

My husband had one of the worst mornings ever, and the mood is kind of infectious, if you know what I mean. It's as if the power of a bad mood can suck all of the cheerfulness out of you and leave you feeling, well, bad. He didn't intend to infect with his mood, but it did. I hope his day has vastly improved.

So once he left the house, I felt bad. Less cheerful, more grumpy. And it hasn't improved much from there. Bah!

Later I will tell you about the battle of furniture and why it is I feel like the little lost soul who can't get anyone to listen to her and gets lost in the shuffle.

(Also, maybe I'll tell you about me being the biggest whiner on earth. Or maybe not!)

No comments: