Thursday, March 23, 2006

Apple pie for quick weight loss.

I'm trying to lose weight. Well, not trying, more like wanting. When I had my first child I put on over 70 pounds with the pregnancy. (I know, WOW.) Now I'm steady at 40 lbs over what I used to weigh. Needless to say, I'm not happy about it. It's been 6 years now, and it's still here. SO I've either got to get happy about it or lose some weight.

I've tried the Atkins diet, and lost some weight. I've tried daily walking (and hour a day) and lost weight. But I have never really lost much, and I've always managed to get right back up to what I weigh now. That Sucks!

Before you send me any weight loss information, please know that I have read enough magazines, clicked on enough articles on the internet and seen enough Oprah to know what I need to do. I just don't want to do it. I must not have discovered my "true self" yet. (hee hee) I go full-steam-ahead on any plan/diet, and burn out quickly. So instead of starting something new, I'm just going to wallow in self-pity for a little while.

Oh, and I'm going to eat some apple pie. We've got pie in the fridge, and I love cold apple pie. Yes, I said cold. Also love cold Italian food, but I digress. If only apple pie could be the answer to all my weight loss problems. Let's make that a rule... Apple pie will cure all. Sound good?

1 comment:

Hepzibah The Watchman said...

I am not going to give you diet information, but one thing that helped me is eating six small meals a day instead of three large meals. It kept my blood sugar even, increased my metabolism (because my body thought it was in the land of plenty) and gave me plenty of energy for exercise. In addition, I play a game with myself. I cannot eat that cake or ice cream until I eat an apple or an orange first. Sometimes, I still eat the ice cream or cake, but most times - I no longer want it. I pray that God will bless you.