Friday, September 15, 2006

Pure joy.

For several years now, my kids have wanted to be involved in 'other' activities. Like dance class. Or soccer. Or karate.

Well, yesterday I signed them up. My daughter will be attending dance (ballet and tap) on Mondays, and my son will go to Tae Kwon Do three times a week. (Or twice... or maybe just once... but he can go three times a week if he so desires.)

All I can think is, what the f*ck did I just do?!? I'm not really ready for the shuffle that involves picking them up at school, doing homework, grocery shopping, shuttling them to activities and having the kids I babysit (the three year old and the one year old) all in tow. Am I crazy?!?

Why yes, apparently, I am.

And did you know that when they quote you the monthly cost of lessons, and then you factor in the gear/clothes you will need, it will cost you more than you could ever imagine? It will cost you so much that you will not be able to sleep at night? It will cost you so much that you wish you had enough time to get a second job so you could pay for it without eating ramen noodles twice a week for dinner? Because that's how much it's all going to cost. Yes siree, it's going to cost that much.

But I'm willing to do it all. My daughter is so excited to finally go to dance class. And my son went to Tae Kwon Do for the first time last night. You should have seen his face - pure joy. I'm willing to do a whole heck of a lot for them.

Apparently.

---------------------

On a completely different note, I want to wish my big brother a Happy Birthday! Love ya, Hito!

No comments: